Monday, June 6, 2011

We're the 3 best friends that anyone could have.



That's right this week's movie review is of the movie "The Hangover 2" starring Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, & Zach Galifianakis. Now I will have to be honest I had to look up how to spell Zach's last name, which I figure happens quite often.

The Hangover II is pretty much uses the same formula as the first film, and to be honest I guess that is why this time around there just isn't as many laughs. Don't get me wrong I loved the first film and have seen it a ton of times, it just seems that the freshness of the first film didn't carry over to the sequel. 

First of all there are very few laughs in the first thirty minutes of the film and only slightly gets better as the film continues. There are some really funny parts to this movie but it seems they are too spread out and don't just keep the laughs coming like in the first film. That is what made the first film so amazing, you barely had time to recover from one scene before another one hit you.

In this installment it is Stu who is getting married, leaving only Alan to be married in the third film which I figure is a sure fire thing after such of a blockbuster this film seems to be, considering that at the time of this writing the film has already made well over $200 million worldwide.

In summary the film is quite good just a bit slower than it's predecessor and some of the jokes and gags just don't do as well as they did in the first film.

Normally I would give a review a star rating but I have decided to drop the stars and go for a more scholarly rating system. A being good & F being terrible.

This film receives a B rating.
Don't forget to follow me on twitter!

No comments: